Studio 3 is a 16 input multi-track recording studio, with full floating-room acoustic isolation, air conditioning and professional audio tie-lines into a large acoustically designed live room with natural daylight and a view of Christ Church gardens.
The studio is built around a Universal Audio Apollo Quad interface with Audient ASP 880 microphone preamps and Neumann monitoring. There is a complimentary collection of professional microphones available to use also including an AEA R88 mk2 Stereo ribbon microphone and the DPA d:note classical recording kit.
The live room also boasts a Yamaha Baby Grand Diskclavier piano.
This facility is suited to the recording of medium sized ensembles of classical, jazz, folk or rock.
To gain access, new users must first attend a short (1 hour) induction session with the Studio Manager. Bookings can then be made via the Studio Booking Portal:
- 2018 Mac Mini Pro
- Universal Audio Apollo Quad interface
- Audient ASP 880 preamplifiers & A/D converters
- Neumann KH120A monitors (x 2)
- Fredenstein Bento 6 – 500 series chassis
- Lindell Audio 6X-500 – 500 series mic pre
- AEA RPQ500 – 500 series ribbon mic pre (x 2)
- Audio Maintenance EZ1073-500 – 500 series mic pre and EQ
- Beyer Dynamic DT150 Headphones (x 2)
- Yamaha Baby Grand Diskclavier piano
- Neumann U87 – capacitor (2)
- AEA R88 mk2 Stereo Ribbon Microphone
- DPA d:vote 4099 Classic Touring Kit (10)
- Audio Technica ATM33a – electret (1)
- Audix SCX25-A – capacitor (2)
- Audix OM6 – dynamic (2)
- Audix D6 – dynamic (1)
- AKG C451 – capacitor (6)
- Shure Beta 52
- Shure SM58 – dynamic (2)
- Shure SM57 (3)
- Shure SM7B
- Sennheiser – wireless/lavelier (3)
- Rode NT4 – stereo capacitor (3)
- Pro Tools Ultimate
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Max 8